Welcome to the 2nd part of our how to use Straps and Wraps series. As with the Wraps, ever wonder why people are using Lifting Straps and how to use them? Stay tuned while we answer those questions for you.
WHAT ARE PADDED LIFTING STRAPS?
Similar to Wrist wraps, lifting straps are intended to help with your lifts. The main difference is that Wrist Wraps are primarily used for pushing movements (like the Bench Press) while Lifting Straps are intended for pulling movements (like in the Deadlift). When lifting heavy weights, the weak point is often your grip. Lifting straps aid in this as the strap acts as a hook that is anchored from your wrist/forearm, therefore alleviating a lot of the tension from your hands solely trying to hang onto the barbell.
HOW DO YOU USE PADDED LIFTING STRAPS?
There are universal. Unlike the Wrist wraps, you can use either strap on either hand but the way of putting it on is key.
- Take your right hand and grab the strap on the pad with the logo facing you.
- Hold the strap with your left hand.
- Put the Left end through the loop and slip over your right hand.
- The double check to make sure you have it correctly configured is if the strap is between your thumb and your index finger when you pull it tight
- Once it's on your wrist, wrap the remaining strap around the bar several times and you're ready for your lift.
WHAT PERFORMA PADDED LIFTING STRAPS ARE MADE OF:
They are actually 25" long (extra long!!). This allows you to wrap around the bar more and give you an increased secure grip. They have a Neoprene pad on the underside for extra comfort and super soft. They are extremely comfortable and provide excellent support. The stitching is specifically designed so that they don't fray easily. With the Poly/Yarn blend they are much stronger than cotton and they don't hold moisture so they won't get all sweaty from using them.
AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING COLLECTIONS: